What if you didn’t have to worry about how to pay for college? Air Force ROTC offers a variety of scholarships that will help relieve the financial burden of your college education. That way, you can focus on preparing for your future.
Air Force ROTC scholarships cover your tuition and most lab fees. Also, you’ll receive a $450 textbook allowance each semester and up to a $550 monthly stipend--spending cash. A variety of full and partial scholarships are available, and certain scholarships have specific requirements.
You’re under no obligation by simply applying for an Air Force ROTC scholarship. It may surprise you, but even students who use the AFROTC High School Scholarship are under no obligation for freshman year--they can opt out any time up to sophomore year. Beyond that, you should expect to serve four years in the Air Force or Space Force after graduation.
You will agree to:
- Enroll in the academic major for which the scholarship is offered.
- Enroll in Air Force ROTC beginning with the 2019 Fall term.
- Complete a 2-week summer field training course at Maxwell AFB, Alabama (usually between your sophomore and junior years).
- Complete Air Force ROTC General Military Course (GMC) your freshman and sophomore years and the Professional Officer Course (POC) your junior and senior years.
- Accept a commission as an Air Force or Space Force Officer and serve at least four years on active duty.