What if you didn’t have to worry about how to pay for college? Air Force ROTC offers a variety of scholarships that will help relieve the financial burden of your college education. That way, you can focus on preparing for your future.
Air Force ROTC scholarships cover your tuition and most lab fees. Also, you’ll receive an annual textbook allowance and up to a $500 spending cash monthly stipend. A variety of full and partial scholarships are available, and certain scholarships have specific requirements.
You’re under no obligation by simply applying for an Air Force ROTC scholarship. However, if you are awarded a scholarship, you become obligated when you accept and sign an agreement with the United States Air Force. If you are under legal age in the state where the school is located, your parent or legal guardian signs this agreement.
You will agree to:
- Enroll in the academic major for which the scholarship is offered.
- Enroll in Air Force ROTC beginning with the 2017 fall term.
- Complete a 24-day summer field training course at Maxwell AFB, Alabama (usually between your sophomore and junior years).
- Complete Air Force ROTC General Military Course (GMC) your freshman and sophomore years and the Professional Officer Course (POC) your junior and senior years.
- Accept a commission as an Air Force Officer and serve at least four years on active duty.